President Trump has known Jeff Zucker for a few decades now from working with him side by side doing the Apprentice on ABC to clashing with him as President at CNN.
• Now Jeff Zucker is in the news instead of making up the news as the revelation of him having an affair with a colleague forced him to resign from the cable news network.
• Jeff Zucker wrote a letter to colleagues Wednesday letting them know that he was in a consensual relationship with a colleague and that he didn’t disclose it to CNN or their parent company AT&T.
• In the Email he said “As part of the investigation into Chris Cuomo’s tenure at CNN, I was asked about a consensual relationship with my closest colleague, someone has worked with for more than 20 years. I acknowledged the relationship evolved in recent years. I was required to disclose it when it began but I didn’t. I was wrong. As a result, I am resigning today.”
• When Trump heard of the resignation he fired at Zucker saying: “Jeff Zucker, a world-class sleazebag who has headed ratings and real-news-challenged CNN for far too long, has been terminated for numerous reasons, but predominantly because CNN has lost its way with viewers and everybody else. Now is a chance to put Fake News in the backseat because there may not be anything more important than straightening out the horrendous LameStream Media in our Country, and in the case of CNN, throughout the World. Jeff Zucker is gone—congratulations to all!”
— Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) February 2, 2022
• CNN has been tanking in the rating after Trump left off and now things are going to get even worse for the news network as their top-tier talent cant even reach 500K viewers prime time. Only time will tell what will happen to CNN.