Former President Donald Trump slammed the January 6th committee after they asked Ivanka Trump for an interview.
• He told the Washington Examiner in an interview – “It’s a very unfair situation for my children. Very, very unfair,”
• He went on to say, “It’s a disgrace, what’s going on. They’re using these things to try and get people’s minds off how incompetently our country is being run. And they don’t care. They’ll go after children,”
• We reported on Thursday that the January 6th committee requested an interview with Ivanka Trump.
• The committee says they want to know about conversations she had witnessed or participated in relating to “the president’s plan to obstruct or impede the counting of electoral votes.”
• Ivanka worked as a senior advisor to her father at the White House, so she was involved in talks at the highest levels.
• The committee has also subpoenaed Eric Trump and Kimberly Guilfoyle, a former advisor to Trump.
• Trump said that the committee was overreaching
• He said in a statement, “They are using whatever powers they have. They couldn’t care less. They are vicious people,”
• Trump also said the investigations into his children can create a model for an investigation into Hunter Biden, the president’s controversial son who has been linked to questionable financial deals.
• Trump added that if the GOP regains control of congress they can begin investigations on him. “It’s a very bad precedent because it can happen the other way also,” the former President said.