At Trump’s rally on Saturday, he told his supporters in the audience and watched from home to boycott AT&T without actually saying “boycott AT&T.”
• DirecTV announced that they would no longer carry OAN in their service.
• AT&T owns DirecTV.
• OAN said in the past that AT&T’s DirecTV accounts for 90% of their revenue and is by far their most extensive viewership.
• The OAN-DirecTV contract is set to expire in the next few months.
• DirecTV began airing OAN back in 2017 after a lawsuit.
• Trump said at his rally, “Maybe what we should do is not use AT&T,”
— Golden State Times 🇺🇸 (@Goldstatetimes) January 17, 2022
• OAN’s founder and his son attended the former President’s rally on Saturday; many believe he was making a plea to Trump to help them pressure AT&T to change its course.
• Trump slammed AT&T executives, calling them woke.
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY, CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES