President Donald Trump was ready to energize his base to protect the Republican Governor’s seat in the red-leaning state of Alabama, but after Governor Kay Ivey Cancelled those plans, Trump is looking to unseat her.
• Trump had planned a HUGE rally at the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile, Alabama, on July 3, but the permit was denied.
• The Park commissioner’s office denied the permit because Trump was the Keynote speaker.
• Park Commission Chairman Bill Tunnell said that the reason was that there is a BAN on partisan Political events at that specific park.
• The Governor of Alabama did nothing to retract a decision by his own Park Commission Chairman Bill Tunnell
• Park Commission Chairmen are appointed by the Governor.
• Trump has now met with ex-Ambassador Lynda Blanchard & discussed a possible endorsement if she abandoned her Senate campaign—and instead challenged Alabama governor Kay Ivey.
• Ivey’s aide told reporters that the Governor had nothing to do with the decision, but Trump aides argued that she did not do anything to fix the situation.
• Alabama’s gubernatorial election will be held on November 8, 2022.
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY; CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES