The Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on the Remain in Mexico policy case on Tuesday.
• The rule was enacted under Trump and it forced illegal aliens to remain in Mexico as their asylum application made their way through the courts.
• The case is known as Biden VS Texas
• Biden attempted to end the policy last year but was sued by Texas to block his repeal of the rule something that has been in appeals for almost a year until reached the highest t court tomorrow.
• The rule was recently reinstated by a Trump-appointed judge that stated that the Biden Administration did not justify the remain in Mexico termination.
• Justice Department lawyers, who asked the Supreme Court to intervene in the case on an expedited basis, are expected to argue Tuesday that the executive branch has broad authority to rescind policies enacted by previous administrations.
• Lawyers for the state of Texas, however, have argued that U.S. border officials are generally required to either detain or return migrants to Mexico. If the U.S. cannot detain migrants because of capacity limits, Texas has argued, it should be returning them to Mexico so they can wait there for the duration of their asylum cases.
• Audio of the oral arguments will be LIVE STREAMED by Golden State Times as cameras are not allowed in the Supreme Court.
• Biden’s Supreme Court pick will not sit in for this hearing as she begins her tenure in October.
CHECK BACK FOR THE LIVE STREAM LINK
THIS IS A DEVELOPING STORY, CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES