Joe Biden delivered his first address to the nation on March 1st, 2022, and the rating number is in!
• Biden has the lowest rating for a state of the Union address since it was televised to the Public.
• 26 Million people tuned in to watch his address to both chambers of Government in 16 different news networks
• By contrast, Trump’s first state of the union garnered over 45 Million viewers
- 48 Million watched Obama’s 1st Address
- 51 Watched George W Bush’s 1st Address
- 45 Million saw Bil Clintons 1st Address
• Believe it or not, March 1st state of the union was an uptick from last year’s speech by Biden to both chambers of Congress that garnered 27 million viewers.
• The network that won the rating night was Fox News, with just over 7 million viewers
- ABC came in second with 6.8 Million
- CBS 4.8 Million
- CNN 4.8 Million
- NBC 4.1 Million
- MSNBC 4.1 Million
- FOX NATION (streaming) 1.9 Million
The numbers also include those that streamed it. Streaming accounts for about 13% of those that watch the news and political content.