OAN is making a bold move to try to get Fox viewers to switch over even to the point of supporting and rallying for a Biden nominee so radical it’s leaving many scratching their heads.
• A new report by the Washington Free Beacon states that OAN is working behind the scenes to rally for Gigi Sohn, Joe Biden’s pick to serve on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
• OANN’s president personally is arranging pro-Sohn segments on the network.
• OANN executives believe Sohn would be an Ally by going after FOX and swaying viewers towards OAN
• Sohn in the past has called for the FCC to intervene in disputes between networks.
• The OAN CEO believes that Biden’s FCC pick could be an ally against carriers like AT&T and Comcast.
• OANN president Charles Herring endorsed Sohn in a letter, praising her “strong belief and advocacy for diversity in the programming lineup.”
• There are also reports Herring is meeting with Republican senators on Capitol Hill to advance Sohn’s nomination.
• Republican senators have criticized Sohn for her criticism of Fox News as “propaganda.”
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.) said he “will do everything in [his] power” to block her nomination and called her “unqualified” and “a hack.”
• Sens. Marsha Blackburn (R., Tenn.), John Thune (R., S.D.), and Ron Johnson (R., Wis.) have all expressed concern over her nomination.