Manchin slammed Biden for his comments that the recent spike in the price of everyday goods is “transitory,” stating that his Administration can no longer ignore the run-away Inflation.
• Manchin says that this situation is a real threat that could get worse.
• Manchin said in a statement –
By all accounts, the threat posed by record inflation to the American people is not “transitory” and is instead getting worse. From the grocery store to the gas pump, Americans know the inflation tax is real and DC can no longer ignore the economic pain Americans feel every day.
— Senator Joe Manchin (@Sen_JoeManchin) November 10, 2021
• The Labor Department announced that its October Consumer Price Index had gone up 6.2 percent over the previous year, the most significant 12-month increase since 1990.
• Manchin had previously sounded the alarm over provisions in the spending package. He even called for a pause in the legislative process to assess the damage this spending could do; that move alone saved America from $3.5 Trillion debt to a $1.75 Trillion amount of debt.
• According to Biden is a statement of Wednesday – “inflation hurts Americans’ pocketbooks, and reversing this trend is a top priority for me.”
• In the same breath, Biden urged Congress to move forward with the massive spending legislation which again he insisted its – “fully paid for and does not add to the debt, and will get more Americans working by reducing the cost of child care and elder care, and help directly lower costs for American families by providing more affordable health coverage and prescription drugs — alongside cutting taxes for 50 million Americans including for most families with children.”