The Probe into what happened on Jan. 6 has. Now officially subpoenaed more people in Trump’s inner circle.
• Six new subpoenas have been issued, the names of the highest-ranking two subpoenas have been made public.
• As part of the new slew of subpoenas, the committee targeted White House adviser Stephen Miller and press secretary Kayleigh McEnany.
• The Subpeona on Miller and McEnany focus on their claims about voter fraud
• On the subpoena to McEnany, the committee wrote: “As a White House Press Secretary, you made multiple public statements from the White House and elsewhere about purported fraud in the November 2020 election, which individuals who attacked the U.S. Capitol echoed on Jan. 6,”
• On the subpoena to Miller, the committee wrote: “You and your team prepared former President Trump’s remarks for the rally on the Ellipse on Jan. 6, you were at the White House that day, and you were with Trump when he spoke at the ‘Stop the Steal’ rally,”
• The committee also accuses Miller, of being the center of an effort to craft voter fraud conspiracies and Trump’s message ahead of the Jan. 6 rally where the then-president encouraged his supporters to “fight like hell.”
• The committee said in a statement: “We believe the witnesses subpoenaed today have relevant information, and we expect them to comply fully with the Select Committee’s investigation as we work to get answers for the American people, make recommendations on changes to the law to protect our democracy, and help ensure that nothing like Jan. 6 ever happens again.”
Read Today’s BREAKING NEWS Headlines