Representative Jim Jordan has told the January 6th committee to go to Hell as they continue investigating what led to the riot at the Capitol.
• The Democrats are now mulling the possibility of Subpeanaing their colleagues if they don’t comply.
• Along with Rep. Jim Jordan, the out-of-control Democrats are also going after Rep. Scott Perry.
• Rep. Perry has called the committee “illegitimate” in the past as the Democrats requested Documents and an interview with him.
• The Democrats are starting to cross into dangerous territory by subpoenaing fellow members of Congress
• Members of the committee have already overstepped their authority by subpenaing dozens of Trump officials, aides, and Jan. 6 Rally organizers.
• A Spokesperson tried to cast doubt by stating that Jim Jordan had agreed to speak to the committee but that now after pushback from the Trump team, he is unwilling to cooperate.
• Jim Jordan sent this letter to the committee explaining his position.
— Rep. Jim Jordan (@Jim_Jordan) January 10, 2022
• The spokesperson to the Democrat committee said that they would respond to Jordans’ letter and debate the appropriate next steps.
• In the past, Democrats have been looking into whether they can legally subpoena members of Congress.
• Democrats claimed that if it’s legal, they wouldn’t skip a beat and do it instantly
SOME KEY POINTS FROM THE LETTER JORDAN SENT TO THE DEMOCRATS:
1) He called the request “unprecedented and inappropriate” because he was performing his “official duties” as a member of Congress when he communicated with the White House in the run-up to Jan. 6.
2) Your attempt to pry into the deliberative process informing a Member of about legislative matters before the House is an outrageous abuse,” he wrote.
3) Jordan also said he has “no confidence that the Select Committee will fairly or accurately represent any information” he provides, accusing them of being “partisan” and noting only Republican lawmakers have been sought out so far.
• This is what Rep. Jim Jordan had to say Prime Time on Fox News over the committee and its investigation!
— Rep. Jim Jordan (@Jim_Jordan) January 7, 2022